- ADMISSION PROCEDURE
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- RESERVATION OF SEATS
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS
- FEE & FUNDS
Every candidate seeking admission shall apply for admission on the prescribed Admission Form that is available/affixed in the College prospectus. The Admission form should be filled legibly by each candidate in his/her own handwriting.
A candidate seeking admission should personally appear before the concerned Admission Committee along with the required original and certified documents and he/she must also be accompanied by Parents/Guardian at the time of admission.
After the approval of the Admission Form by the Admission Committee it would be forwarded to the Scrutiny Committee and finally the admission to the College would be granted on merit-basis and on the recommendation of the Principal. The Principal, however reserves the right to disallow or cancel any admission if the conduct of the student has not been up to the mark during previous years.
If the admission of the candidate is approved / recommended by the Principal, the candidate shall have to deposit the fee/ dues as per the instructions displayed on the College notice board.
The number of seats is maximum 60 in each Major subject and these seats will be filled on the basis of merit in each of the Major subjects respectively. The students are advised to deposit their fee and funds within time after consulting the merit list that would be displayed on the College notice board.
After depositing the fee the candidate will seek the enrolment of the College as a regular student. The admission will however remain PURELY PROVISIONAL in nature unless it is approved by the HPU. Every candidate seeking admission in any semester of the College will be required to pay Rs. 300/- towards the PTA fund and the fee/funds once deposited will not be refunded in any case.
The candidates must submit/produce the following documents along with legibly and completely filled Admission Form:-
- Original Certificates (along with their photocopies) Matric onwards.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Original Character Certificate issued by the institution last attended (for new admissions/fresh candidates only)
- An Affidavit issued by a Competent Authority in case of gap.
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/Physically Handicap students.
- Sports and Cultural Certificates if seeking admission under the Sports or Cultural Quota.
- Board equivalence Certificate for the candidates who have passed 10+2 from other Board/University than the H.P.Board. (HPBOSE). All such candidates (except H.P.Board candidates) will also have to produce original migration certificate from Board/ University from which they have passed the previous (last) examination.
- Private students seeking admission to the College for the first time should submit recent Character Certificate (not more than six months old) issued by a Gazetted Officer/ MLA/ Pradhan of M.C./ Panchayat.
- Certificate of Bonafide Himachali (For girls students who belong to H.P.) Only girl students who are Bonafide Himachali are eligible for exemption of tuition fees.
Note : Submission of false information of any kind for the purpose of admission is a serious offence. Any such act will be viewed seriously and penal proceedings can be initiated against of such candidates will such offenders and the admission of such candidates will also stand cancelled in- stantaneously
Admission to UG Courses shall be open to all persons irrespective of race, creed, caste or class subject to the conditions laid down in the Roster issued/notified by the H.P.U.
Point-1 The candidates seeking admission under any category or quota mentioned in the Roster, i.e., SC, ST, Handicap, Sports or cultural, will have to produce the Original Certificate, issued by a Competent Authority, of his/ her category or quota at the time of admission to get the benefit of reservation.
Point-2 The reservation roster issued/ notified by the HPU:
(1) AGE :A Candidate should not be more than 23 years of age (for Boys) and not of more than 25 years of age (in case of Girls) as on 01 July 2016. However, for SC/ ST candidates a relaxation of three years in age is allowed.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor of H.P.U. may in exceptional cases/circumstances, to be recorded in writing, give relaxation in age up to a maximum of six months to any candidate. All such cases of age relaxation of up to six months may be granted admission provisionally by the Principal and a consolidated list of all such cases will be sent for approval of the Vice-Chancellor by 31st October of every academic year.
(3) Relaxation in upper age limit is also available to physically disabled candidates.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION : A candidate/ student who has passed the Senior Secondary (+2) Examination (Academic Stream) conducted by the H.P. Board of School Education or an examination accepted as equivalent thereto by various bodies of the University will be eligible to apply for admission to 1stsemester of B.A. under CBCS of RUSA. The admission will, however, be determined on the basis of merit.
A Student placed under compartment in 10+2 class will not be eligible for admission in B.A. courses under CBCS of RUSA.
NOTE : All admissions are provisional unless regularised by the University and the College will assume no responsibility in case the University for any reason whatsoever does not approve the admission of a student.
DETAIL OF FEE STRUCTURE FOR UNDER GRADUATE CLASSES
|SR No||Name Of Fund||Amount RS||Periodicity|
|2||Re-Admission Fee first time||100:00|
|3||Re-Admission Fee second time||200:00|
|4||Late Admission Fee||10:00||Per Day|
|5||Tuition Fee (Rs 50/- [per month only for boys)||300:00||Six Month|
|7||Continuation fee (for roll on Admissions)||10:00|
|8||HPU Migration Fee||50:00|
|9||HP Youth Welfare Fund||15:00||Annual|
|10||HPU Sports Fee||15:00||Annual|
|11||HPU Holiday Home fee||01:00||Annual|
|12||University Development Fund||500:00||Annual|
|13||Sports Fund||120:00||Six Month|
|14||Building Fund||60:00||Six Month|
|15||Amalgamated Fund||150:00||Six Month|
|16||Rovers & Rangers Fund||30:00||Six Month|
|18||House Exam fees||40:00||Six Month|
|22||Student Aid Fund||02:00||Annual|
|23||Campus Development Fund||10:00||Annual|